Home › 2014 Sections and Committees
2014 Sections and Committees
Joining COMMITTEES and PRACTICE SECTIONS of Lee County Bar Association can add value to your membership. Below are two forms you may use to get connected to the Practice Sections and Committees of your choice, or do so at the time you join or renew your membership with Lee County Bar Association.
We encourage you to become more involved with YOUR association today, by selecting committees on which you would like to contribute your expertise and assistance.
The 2014 COMMITTEES of the Lee County Bar Association are:
HISTORY (Co-Chairs: Jenna Persons, Bruce Strayhorn)
- Works to preserve the history of the Lee County Bar Association.
LAW-RELATED EDUCATION (Chair: Jaime Maurer)
- Works to provide CLE events to our membership and also supports legal education programs targeted at Lee County Schools.
LAW WEEK (Chair: Hon. John S. Carlin)
- Plans and organizes functions during law week which is the first week of May.
LIBRARY (Chair: Robert Donald)
- Provides oversight and direction of the Lee County Law Library and oversees the LCBA tape/CD library. This committee is appointed by The Florida Bar and not open to membership, but suggestions are always welcomed.
MOCK TRIAL (Co-Chairs: Mary Evans, Claudia Volk)
- Plans, coordinates with the Lee County School District, obtains sponsors and executes the Mock Trial Programs (County, Circuit and State if appropriate) on behalf of the LCBA.
PAST PRESIDENTS (Chair: Mary Evans)
- Arranges Past President events and collects input from past presidents as needed by the LCBA Executive Council. Membership is by former service as a President of the organization.
PRO BONO (Co-Chairs: Kathleen Oppenheimer Berkey, Audrey Singleton)
- Works to expand pro bono opportunities to residents of Lee County through workshops, seminars, material dissemination, etc.; also solicits grant support from TFB and other organizations. Works to increase attorney participation in pro bono cases.
SOCIAL EVENTS (Co-Chairs: Theresa Daniels, Amanda Mitteer Bartley)
- Plans, works to gain sponsors, and executes events such as the Judicial Dinner, River Cruise, BAR-be-cue, Holiday Party.
YOUNG LAWYERS (President: Shannon Puopolo)
- Open to any LCBA member under 36 years of age, as well as any attorney (regardless of age) who has been licensed to practice law for less than five years.
MEMBERSHIP (Chair: Carlos Kelly)
- Marketing the Bar and LRS to the community, public relations and media moguls.
Please feel free to call the LCBA office at 334-0047 for more information about any of the committees. If you are interested in joining any of the above Practice Sections or Committees, send an email to admin [at] leebar [dot] org
2014 PRACTICE SECTIONS of the Lee County Bar Association
Stay informed and connected to the law in your specific areas of practice by completing the form for PRACTICE SECTION membership.
Below are the practice area sections of the Lee County Bar Association:
Appellate Law (Chair: Margaret White-Small)
Alternative Dispute Resolution ( Chair: Anne Dalton)
Criminal Law (Chair: Keith Upson)
Family Law (Co-Chairs: Rana Holz, Jo Ellen Kane)
General Civil & Business Litigation (Chair: VACANT)
Land Use & Governmental Law (Chair: Russell Schropp)
Real Property, Probate & Estate Planning (Chair: Kenneth Kemp)
Tort Litigation (Chair: PJ Scheiner)
Please feel free to call the LCBA office at 334-0047 for more information about any of the sections. If you are interested in joining any of the sections, send an email to admin [at] leebar [dot] org (admin)michelle [at] leebar [dot] org (@leebar.org).
WE ARE CURRENTLY NOT ACCEPTING CREDIT CARD PAYMENTS ON OUR WEBSITE. YOU MAY CLICK HERE TO PRINT OUR CREDIT CARD FORM AND FAX TO (239) 334-0523. WE APOLOGIZE FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE.
BECOME A MEMBER NOW - first year rate is $95.00!
You may submit an application online or contact Lisa Poulin at 239-334-0047 Ext. 101.
TellKel - Your MEMBERS ONLY link to the Bar decision-makers through Executive Council member Kelly Fayer, Member-at-Large. Give us your comments and suggestions so we can make your Bar the best it can be! Located under Member Resources, just click to connect.
UPCOMING EVENTS - See calendar for details
- Mar 14, 2014 - Mar 14, 2014
- Mar 20, 2014 - Mar 20, 2014
- Mar 21, 2014 - Mar 21, 2014
- Mar 21, 2014 - Mar 21, 2014
- Mar 26, 2014 - Mar 26, 2014
- Mar 27, 2014 - Mar 27, 2014
- Apr 4, 2014 - Apr 4, 2014
- Apr 12, 2014
- Apr 23, 2014
- Apr 24, 2014 - Apr 24, 2014
- Apr 26, 2014
- May 2, 2014 - May 2, 2014