Home › 2013 Sections and Committees
2013 Sections and Committees
Joining COMMITTEES and PRACTICE SECTIONS of Lee County Bar Association can add value to your membership. Below are two forms you may use to get connected to the Practice Sections and Committees of your choice, or do so at the time you join or renew your membership with Lee County Bar Association.
We encourage you to become more involved with YOUR association today, by selecting committees on which you would like to contribute your expertise and assistance.
The 2013 COMMITTEES of the Lee County Bar Association are:
HISTORY (Co-Chairs: Jenna Persons, Bruce Strayhorn)
- Works to preserve the history of the Lee County Bar Association.
LAW-RELATED EDUCATION (Chair: Jaime Maurer)
- Works to provide CLE events to our membership and also supports legal education programs targeted at Lee County Schools.
LAW WEEK (Chair: Hon. John S. Carlin)
- Plans and organizes functions during law week which is the first week of May.
LIBRARY (Chair: Robert Donald)
- Provides oversight and direction of the Lee County Law Library and oversees the LCBA tape/CD library. This committee is appointed by The Florida Bar and not open to membership, but suggestions are always welcomed.
MOCK TRIAL (Co-Chairs: Mary Evans, Claudia Volk)
- Plans, coordinates with the Lee County School District, obtains sponsors and executes the Mock Trial Programs (County, Circuit and State if appropriate) on behalf of the LCBA.
PAST PRESIDENTS (Chair: Karla Campos-Andersen)
- Arranges Past President events and collects input from past presidents as needed by the LCBA Executive Council. Membership is by former service as a President of the organization.
PRO BONO (Co-Chairs: Kathleen Oppenheimer Berkey, Audrey Singleton)
- Works to expand pro bono opportunities to residents of Lee County through workshops, seminars, material dissemination, etc.; also solicits grant support from TFB and other organizations. Works to increase attorney participation in pro bono cases.
SOCIAL EVENTS (Co-Chairs: Theresa Daniels, Amanda Mitteer Bartley)
- Plans, works to gain sponsors, and executes events such as the Judicial Dinner, River Cruise, BAR-be-cue, Holiday Party.
TECHNOLOGY (Chair: Michael Chionopoulos)
- Works to identify new technology applications that might be of value to our members; communicates through newsletter articles, speaking at meetings, etc.
YOUNG LAWYERS (Chair: John Miller)
- Open to any LCBA member under 36 years of age, as well as any attorney (regardless of age) who has been licensed to practice law for less than five years.
MEMBERSHIP (Chair: Carlos Kelly)
- Marketing the Bar and LRS to the community, public relations and media moguls.
Please feel free to call the LCBA office at 334-0047 for more information about any of the committees. If you are interested in joining any of the above Practice Sections or Committees, send an email to admin [at] leebar [dot] org
2013 PRACTICE SECTIONS of the Lee County Bar Association
Stay informed and connected to the law in your specific areas of practice by completing the form for PRACTICE SECTION membership.
Below are the practice area sections of the Lee County Bar Association:
Appellate Law (Chair: Margaret White-Small)
Alternative Dispute Resolution ( Chair: Anne Dalton)
Criminal Law (Chair: Keith Upson)
Family Law (Co-Chairs: Rana Holz, Jo Ellen Kane)
General Civil & Business Litigation (Chair: J. Jeffrey Rice)
Land Use & Governmental Law (Chair: Russell Schropp)
Real Property, Probate & Estate Planning (Chair: Kenneth Kemp)
Tort Litigation (Chair: PJ Scheiner)
Please feel free to call the LCBA office at 334-0047 for more information about any of the sections. If you are interested in joining any of the sections, send an email to admin [at] leebar [dot] org (admin)michelle [at] leebar [dot] org (@leebar.org).
WE ARE CURRENTLY NOT ACCEPTING CREDIT CARD PAYMENTS ON OUR WEBSITE. YOU MAY CLICK HERE TO PRINT OUR CREDIT CARD FORM AND FAX TO (239) 334-0523. WE APOLOGIZE FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE.
BECOME A MEMBER NOW - If you join now your membership will not expire until December 31, 2014!
You may apply online or contact Lisa Poulin at 239-334-0047 Ext. 101 for more details.
What's in a Name - Your Lee County Bar Association is launching a challenge to rename our legal news magazine. If you would like to participate in the NEW NAME CHALLENGE
click here to print the form and submit to admin [at] leebar [dot] org or fax to (239) 334-0523.
TellKel - Your MEMBERS ONLY link to the Bar decision-makers through Executive Council member Kelly Fayer, Member-at-Large. Give us your comments and suggestions so we can make your Bar the best it can be! Located under Member Resources, just click to connect.
UPCOMING EVENTS - See calendar for details
- Dec 11, 2013
- Dec 13, 2013
- Dec 13, 2013
- Dec 19, 2013
- Dec 25, 2013 - Jan 1, 2014
- Dec 26, 2013
- Dec 27, 2013
- Dec 30, 2013
- Dec 31, 2013
- Jan 1, 2014
- Jan 22, 2014
- Feb 7, 2014 - Feb 8, 2014