Home › 2013 Sections and Committees
2013 Sections and Committees
Joining COMMITTEES and PRACTICE SECTIONS of Lee County Bar Association can add value to your membership. Below are two forms you may use to get connected to the Practice Sections and Committees of your choice, or do so at the time you join or renew your membership with Lee County Bar Association.
We encourage you to become more involved with YOUR association today, by selecting committees on which you would like to contribute your expertise and assistance.
The 2013 COMMITTEES of the Lee County Bar Association are:
HISTORY (Co-Chairs: Jenna Persons, Bruce Strayhorn)
- Works to preserve the history of the Lee County Bar Association.
LAW-RELATED EDUCATION (Chair: Scott Atwood)
- Works to provide CLE events to our membership and also supports legal education programs targeted at Lee County Schools.
LAW WEEK (Chair: Hon. John S. Carlin)
- Plans and organizes functions during law week which is the first week of May.
LIBRARY (Chair: Robert Donald)
- Provides oversight and direction of the Lee County Law Library and oversees the LCBA tape/CD library. This committee is appointed by The Florida Bar and not open to membership, but suggestions are always welcomed.
MOCK TRIAL (Chair: Renee Binns)
- Plans, coordinates with the Lee County School District, obtains sponsors and executes the Mock Trial Programs (County, Circuit and State if appropriate) on behalf of the LCBA.
PAST PRESIDENTS (Chair: Karla Campos-Andersen)
- Arranges Past President events and collects input from past presidents as needed by the LCBA Executive Council. Membership is by former service as a President of the organization.
PRO BONO (Co-Chairs: Vanessa Cordero, Kathleen Oppenheimer Berkey)
- Works to expand pro bono opportunities to residents of Lee County through workshops, seminars, material dissemination, etc.; also solicits grant support from TFB and other organizations. Works to increase attorney participation in pro bono cases.
SOCIAL EVENTS (Co-Chairs: Kelly Fayer, Amanda Mitteer Bartley)
- Plans, works to gain sponsors, and executes events such as the Judicial Dinner, River Cruise, BAR-be-cue, Holiday Party.
TECHNOLOGY (Chair: Michael Chionopoulos)
- Works to identify new technology applications that might be of value to our members; communicates through newsletter articles, speaking at meetings, etc.
YOUNG LAWYERS (Chair: John Miller)
- Open to any LCBA member under 36 years of age, as well as any attorney (regardless of age) who has been licensed to practice law for less than five years.
PR & Marketing (Chair: Carlos Kelly)
- Marketing the Bar and LRS to the community, public relations and media moguls.
Please feel free to call the LCBA office at 334-0047 for more information about any of the committees. If you are interested in joining any of the above Practice Sections or Committees, send an email to admin [at] leebar [dot] org
2013 PRACTICE SECTIONS of the Lee County Bar Association
Stay informed and connected to the law in your specific areas of practice by completing the form for PRACTICE SECTION membership.
Below are the practice area sections of the Lee County Bar Association:
Criminal Law (Chair: Keith Upson)
Real Property, Probate & Estate Planning (Chair: Kenneth Kemp)
General Civil & Business Litigation (Chair: )
Tort Litigation (Chair: PJ Scheiner)
Family Law (Co-Chairs: Rana Holz, Jo Ellen Kane)
Land Use & Governmental Law (Chair: Russell Schropp)
Alternative Dispute Resolution (Chair: Anne Dalton)
Please feel free to call the LCBA office at 334-0047 for more information about any of the sections. If you are interested in joining any of the sections, send an email to admin [at] leebar [dot] org (admin)michelle [at] leebar [dot] org (@leebar.org).
UPCOMING EVENTS - See calendar for details
- May 18, 2013
- May 22, 2013
- May 27, 2013
- May 30, 2013
- Nov 16, 2013